Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tomorrow should be a rogue day...

It's only gonna be 62. Which means it might even be in the high *gasp* 40's when we leave for school in the morning. Can you believe it? And I have a school field trip to the imax tomorrow with Jeremy. Wouldn't it be nice to have a snuggly cardigan to wear in the theatre in case it got cold? Why yes. Yes it would. But I will not be snuggling with my finished rogue in the theatre. Because I haven't touched it in weeks. I really must finish it this weekend and stop this sock obsession nonsense.

The pink/orange/yellow sock did not survive. Shortly after that critical photo session it was frogged onto a toilet paper roll. Oh the inhumanity of it all. But looky what I'm making....



It's a making waves socks, pattern courtesy of the Six Socks Knitalong. Their new sock pattern will be up in December and I plan to kal with that. But isn't it pretty?

I'm currently in the process of convincing myself that it's ok that the colors are pooling the way they are. It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Watercolor on size 2 (3mm) addis. Why are addis sizes so different than the rest of the world? Anyhoo.... I digress. The pattern is beautiful in it's simplicity. And I'm nearly done with the first cuff. To make the ribbing exactly as I wanted it, I did a provisional cast on, worked the ribbing on size 1 addis, and then bound off in ribbing.

This perfectionism is becoming a disease. Why can't I be all ocd about my housecleaning?

In other news, if you have kids (or even if you don't) two of the best books in the entire history of the world are Old Turtle and it's companion/sequel, Old Turtle and the Broken Truth. Read them, love them, live them. That is all.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm going to have to check out those books.

Mamma said...

I liked the striped sock. But hey, I know the perfectionist bug. The new sock is looking really good.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

are you magic looping? How does that compare to dpns, I haven't tried it yet.