Thursday, November 03, 2005

Entrelac is not easy.

And it's not "intuitive". But if you get good directions and follow them, you might just make some.


I have a design in my head. Actually I also whipped it up in powerpoint. For a classy looking entrelac bag. So I used the "bad" colors from the wool of the andes and worked up a swatch. It took me awhile to get the hang of it. But I gots it.

I'm not happy with how that last row looks. You can see where the other color peeks through. I don't think I did it wrong though. I need to do some web research. And I plan on felting it here in a minute, so it may not matter.

I feel like a mad scientist. No, in a good way. Oh and look how happy I get when you give me girly beer:

2 comments:

Mamma said...

Talk about advanced knitting. You deserve another girly beer, or two. Can't wait to see the felted swatch.

Deb said...

I think the stitches are supposed to show through. In fact, IM unprofessional O, there is no way for them not to show. 'Course, I'm still new at it but I have been doing research also and I think we're stuck with them. You're doing great with the color changes--can't wait to see what the felted fabric looks like.