Thursday, November 24, 2005

Not so lucky...

I picked up a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky yesterday from the LYS. She had whipped up one of those cute cableknit clutches and I thought I might do the same. And then I had the bright idea to include the Luckenbooth medallion from the girlfromauntie site.


This is my swatch. I made a mistake in one of the increases, but I really don't love the way it looks. Maybe it's the bulky yarn, or maybe it's the reverse stockinette, but I just don't think it will work for a little bag.

Plus my Scottish husband is driving me absolutely bonkers. And at first I thought using a Scottish medallion might be pleasing to him, but then I figured I really don't give a flying fig what pleases him. I've been sick now for nearly two weeks. I get no sympathy and no real help from him. He's sick now for two days and wants the world to revolve around him. Men are such babies sometimes.

But I digress. This is supposed to be about knitting. Not about my cranky husband. My making waves socks are coming along nicely. I might even finish them up tomorrow. More on that later. If you're in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I like your medallion. Try a swatch and use reverse stockinette for the whole thing and see if you don't like it.