Tuesday, November 08, 2005

There's something wrong with me.

I have mastered two new things. First the figure 8 cast on for toe-up socks, which rocks by the way. And now I am knitting two socks at the same time on one addi 40" circular. No I haven't ever finished a pair of socks. Shaddup!



I made the toes two different colors on purpose. I know there is no way the striping will match up, even if I try, so I will make the striping mistmatched on purpose. See my brilliance?

And then there was the retail therapy aspect of the morning. I went to Wally World, solely to take advantage of their cheap prices on stuff like laundry and dishwasher detergent. I ended up with hair color, two new shirts (that fit!) and a belt to hike up the jeans that are all too big. Jeans that are too big is a good thing, but I can't really afford to replace my jeans, so I bought a belt instead.

But the therapy didn't end there. Then I went to the yarn store. I figured I would buy something so that I didn't feel bad using her ballwinder.



Let's see... One skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport superwash to go with the leftover skein I have here at home. Size 2 addi turbos (40") to make magic loop socks with the lorna's. Sockotta yarn in a pretty mix of pinks and oranges. And the humdinger - size 6 dpns - lantern moon brand (kaching!) - to work on the Sweet Mary Jane cardigan. In my defense the dpns were basically free. But that's only because I have now filled up another frequent buyer card at the yarn store. Whatever happened to my yarn diet? My husband is gonna kill me.

3 comments:

Elly said...

The yarn picture is a smiley face :) Yay for two socks at a time... must learn to do that some time. Continental knitting is my current challenge.

Jennifer said...

My yarn diet is faltering as well. Nice stash enhancement!

thatfarmgirl said...

A while back, I said I would never become a yarn hoarder. Eating my words as I type...