Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ahhh... success...

A sock I like. A sock I even love. A sock that has a really long heel-flap. I'm not sure why I did it this way, but it fits, so....


Here is a good shot of the making waves pattern:



And here's a shot of my reluctant model, who's home sick today and is just chilling in his pj's...


I got in some work on my rogue hood yesterday. But I'm only up to row 20 out of I think 82. *sigh* I really need to get it finished. It's very, very chilly here.

I think I would like to try the jaywalker pattern on my knitpicks sock garden hydrangea. But that of course has to wait until I finish the making waves socks. Can't have too many socks going at once. Of course they would be on different needles... (someone come and give me a good smack - please!)

The sock up there didn't even use close to a whole ball of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport. I'd say there is probably a third of the ball leftover. I'm actually wishing right now that I had the second one, because it's actually chilly enough to wear socks today.

I need to get up off my duff, do some housework and then try to do some serious progress on my rogue. Some good news - I've found a trade for the encore that's been sitting in my stash since forever. Someone needed soft acrylic blends to make doggy/kitty beds. Encore is soft. Guess what I'm trading it for? Wait for it. Oh yeah, sock yarn.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your sock looks great! Hurrah!!