Monday, January 09, 2006

Made in the shade?

Ok. I am seriously confused. The best pics I can get of my knitting and/or yarn are in the shade?



MaryElla from Knitty, in Knitpicks Shadow laceweight, color Oregon Coast. The heathered effect has some nice purples and greens in it. The beads are from Art on Park, a local gallery. They have a subtle variation - purple to periwinkle to blue to green. It's extremely slow knitting on the 0000 needles aka the pokey needles of death. (Just ask my poor thigh about that...)



And this is some antique rose colored cotton along with black for my Via Diagonale. It's thicker than the recommended yarn, so I'm gonna have to do some gauge swatches and some math on that bugger. But it should be pretty.

And eventually I will get this picture crap down.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I know what you mean - I went to great pains to get something I'd worked on taken with me to work to get a photograph in the little bit of sun forcasted for a certain day and all the photos looked washed out and crappy. I come home, toss it under the OTT light and presto! Fabulous pic.

Jennifer said...

I've found that the best pictures of my knitting are in the shade, or out of direct sunlight as well. I agree with the other poster and will say that pics under an Ott-lite are pretty good.