Sunday, October 16, 2005

MCR - Missing Camera Report

I'm not sure where it is. I vaguely remember trying to take more pics of Rogue in natural light and cursing the fact that I couldn't seem to get good pics, but now I can't find it. Maybe all the cursing scared it away. I really need to find it. My mama will be here on Wednesday and I need a lot of boy/grandma/papa pictures. A lot.

I think I love rogue. I just finished chart A, so I'm ready to divide 'er up! I dropped a stitch in the selvage on the front, but I did some fancy yarn work and secured that puppy right up. The cables look pretty decent - even before what I hope will be the washing that makes them "bloom".

It looks the fit will be just right. I'm starting to get a tad nervous. I've never done sleeves, much less a fancy-pants cabled hood. And oh, yeah, I've never done knitted on i-cord either. The cardiganizing instructions say that you should pick up 2 out of 3 stitches along the front edge for the i-cord. But they also say to slip the first stitch for a nice selvage. So have I screwed up the 2 out of 3 idea? I don't know. It's too late to stop slipping stitches.

Why am I stressing myself out over this? I think I just need to plug along and not worry about it.

I got the new KnitPicks catalog. Except for the scary twirl and the equally scary novelty yarns I want everything else. Especially the shadow to knit that adorable Mary Jane cardigan. And that's such an affordable project.

And in the scary category I watched Knitty Gritty on DIY today. They knitted skirts. A horizontally striped skirt? Um, ok, whatever. A mottled black & grey fun fur skirt? For the love of Pete!

No comments: