Thursday, October 27, 2005

I refuse to give up.

I have lost count of how many times I have casted on for socks using this knitpicks hydrangea. Lost count, I tell you. But I joined Socktoberfest, and dagnabbit, for once I'm actually gonna follow through on one of these knitalong jobbies.

Last night I cast on for Wendy's Toe Up socks in you guessed it, knitpicks sockgarden hydrangea. Please cue the applause as I have taught myself yet another technique -- the provisional cast on. I had a lot of trouble visualizing how the toe was gonna come together when I started out knitting it straight. But then I realized what I really needed to do was STOP THINKING! I think too much, I overanalyze things, and then I screw myself up. Let us not forget the #19 frogging experience.

So I stopped thinking, and I just followed the directions. And it worked. And how. And now I have 3 inches of toe up socks on the needles! And crap a duck, it looks like they are gonna fit. (Yes I realize that I am the only person in the history of the world who uses "crap a duck" as a pseudo curse word/phrase - shaddup!)


No. You cannot have my oh so cool Scooby Doo mousepad. It's precious to me. Precious, I tell you. And so is my really big scooby mug & saucer set. And all of my mystery machines. And the stuffed pillow on my futon.



Um, that would be just a photo of the scooby stuff that sits on my desk. Aren't you jealous? Oh, and this week on Cartoon Network they are running a bunch of newer animated Scooby movies. Aloha Scooby Doo anyone? Yeah I know. Now I'm just embarassing myself.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah! It looks like the yarn will stick this time!! Woohoo!!!