Thursday, June 09, 2005

Stupid QOTD...

Is it somehow "uncool" or tragically doofus-like to be A. knitting a clapotis and B. participating in secret pal?

I've actually seen buttons out there anti both things. And then there's this whole thing where folks are all like "well I don't like to knit anything that *everyone* is knitting." WTF? If everyone is knitting it, couldn't that be because it's a nice, fun project that looks pretty?

I'm in a mood. I'm PMS'ing and the man brought home pecan pie instead of chocolate. Someone needs to check him and make sure his brain didn't fall out on the jeep ride home.

I'm having one of those days where all of my internet interactions have been of the junior high variety. And I'm pretty sure most of the folks I'm dealing with are within 5 years either way of me. Sad and pathetic.

1 comment:

Mamma said...

Hi, I'm from the Mariposa knit-a-long. I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I haven't seen any of the anti buttons yet. My guess is it really is a lot like high school. Even in an virtual world there are cliques and snobbery and meaness that you would think at this stage in our lives we would be past. Maybe the anti-clapotis aren't skilled enough to knit it so they must put it down. I would love to be in the SP5 but I'm a bad secret friend, so I don't participate because I don't want to ruin someone else's good time. I don't know why people would think that surprize packages of yarn in the mail are a bad idea. If I live near you I would bring you some double fudge ice cream and we could knit and bitch about mean people in a way only women can :)