Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm a trendy girl!

I find myself drawn to the same patterns that *everyone* else is doing. All the cool knitters are doing it. You know you wanna to!

*Sigh* And here I was priding myself on the fact that at the ripe old age of 32, I was finally starting to carve out a self identity. Nope. I'm a follower.

So in that spirit, we present, yep, you guessed it, clapotis.



I'm working it on the recommended size 8's (my overpriced lantern moons), in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Watercolors. The yarn is a sport weight of course, so it's making for a lighter, slightly airier clapotis than the others that I've seen. But hello. I live in Florida. I don't need a parka.

The yarn however, is a dream. It dropped the stitches perfectly, and it's soft and wonderful and beautiful. I ended up with some pooling in section one, but I'm not worried about it. I figure it will be much less obvious once all the stitches are dropped.

I need to go listen to some obscure Indie rock so that I don't feel so clique-ish and dirty.

No comments: