Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bite me baby.

Actually the design bug has bitten me. The designing my own knitting type things. It's slightly frightening since I've been knitting for like what, 3 1/2 months or so?

But I'm kind of disappointed in the types of plus-size knitted garment patterns available and I'm thinking - damn, I can do better right? Right?

Which leads me to the current project - branching out. I'm almost done. And it's completely beautiful. It has an ethereal feeling to it. Gorgeous I tell you. You've seen the pretty green scarf. Today it will be finished, blocked and then tomorrow packed up and sent to my mama in Ohio.

But I bought another ball of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. In candy girl, which is this awesome burgundy/magenta/fuschia color that I have good intentions to take a picture of. To make some sort of fun and lovely scarf for myself. But I don't wanna do the branching out pattern again. I have a book from the library, with some lovely lace patterns. So I think I'm gonna pick one, modify it, and make myself a scarf pattern. And then maybe I will post my free pattern on my blog or somesuch. And other people will think it's so gorgeous that they will make it and post pictures on their blog and I'll be pseudo famous and....

I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to go finish my mama's scarf.

In other news I think I've been sleepwalking. And doing strange things. More on that later.

No comments: