Monday, April 30, 2007

Sock Block

Nope, not sock blockers or sock blocking. Sock Block. One might compare it to writer's block.

I have too much sock yarn. Some of which I will never knit, like the umpteen balls of sockotta. But right now I need a pair of socks for my carry around project. So I did the entire cuff of a Friday Harbor Sock in my beloved Copper Beach Collinette Jitterbug. Wrong needles (too big) and wrong cast-on number (too small). I feel like Goldilocks here. I can't find just right for this yarn. And just for fun, let us not forget that the jitterbug is a little stingy with the yardage. And I have big feet. Shaddup. I'm 5'10", if I didn't have big feet I would constantly be falling over.

But wait. There is temptation in the house. Two skeins of this beautiful heathered Shelridge Farm sock yarn. Turquoise & smoky purple heathered. Beyond gorgeous. My wonderful secret pal Llamabean sent it to me. (Yes, I know. You want pictures. Tell my camera that. I think she ran away and joined the circus.) But seriously, it's so beautiful. And the only reason I'm not knitting that right this minute is that it's in skeins and I don't have a ballwinder.

Other things I should be doing instead of looking for a pattern for my jitterbug include: final review for my American History Exam, packing, packing, doing laundry, and possibly scratching all my skeeter bites from this weekend camping.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

don't scratch. you'll scar! :)