Monday, January 29, 2007

The perils of dieting...

So I went to the grocery on Sunday. Basically we were out of everything. So I stocked up. 3 bottles of the organic ketchup (no hfcs!) instead of one; double of all the basic ingredients like dried beans, etc. 100% whole wheat tortillas, pitas, breads, all the good, healthy food I need to follow our plan (YOU on a diet).

The cabinets are overflowing, the refrigerator is stuffed to the gills, and it makes me very happy. When I was single, I was freqently faced with a very empty kitchen. I did the best I could and fed my boys *way* better than I fed myself. But now, thanks to the man, there is always food in the house. Good, healthy food.

So why is it that all I want right now is a block of Ritter Sport? Target has them. For $1.89. And even though it's freezing (for Florida standards) I am so tempted to drive out there and get myself one.

What I really need to do is get over it and figure out what's for dinner tomorrow night and do some straightening. Ugh. Why is it so fricking hard?

No comments: