Yes I know I just did a wip list. But this is a more detailed wip list. With notes and such. For a good purpose.
Yes I know you are laughing. I'll wait. Ok, I'll wait some more while you clean the beverage of your choice off your keyboard. I'm sorry I made you spit.
I realize of course that even if I knit 24/7 for this last week of the year and gave up sleeping, eating, and potty breaks I *still* would not finish all of these projects. But I can make it better, no? And I can institute firm rules that will get me down to something manageable.
Since our last fireside chat, I have finished a few things. Hold your applause until all of our FO's have been announced.
Two very pretty ornaments, only one of which I have a picture of. These knit up in no time at all.
One Tam, view C.
Swirling Snow, the December washcloth for the Knitwitz Washcloth Club.
Foliage from Knitty
Original Knitting Basket Ornament (#12)
The Misty Hat (#7)
The Big Ole Baby Blanket (#5)
Are you still here? Wow. So I've finished 8 things in the last month. All of which were tiny. Only 3 of which were on my most recent list. Which is why (shudder) my list has actually gone up an item. I'm now at 20. Yes, I'm hanging my head in shame.
1. Daniel Socks - Not ready for these. Only done a smidge. Will take off the needles and wait for later.
2. Modern Quilt Wrap - I have decided to treat this as 72 mini wips. Each block being a project. I will not "count" the wip unless it is unfinished. Right now I am in the middle of my third block so it's OTN.
3. Oblique - Doing ok on this one, but it's not close enough to finished to merit end of the year attention.
4. #19 - Pass.
5. Endpaper Mitts - Also low on the priority list.
6. Ice Queen - This might be a contender.
7. Vintage Velvet - Also might be a 2007 winner.
8. Upstream Socks - These fit nicely but I hate the funky way they look off my feet. Does that make any sense? I think these will be purse knitting and not considered an active wip. I plan on making a different architecture for it's mate.
9. Via Diagonale - I would love to have this purse. Need to fit this in soon.
10. Mr. Greenjeans - Guess when the diet starts? This will be a first project to finish in 2008.
11. Scotch Thistle Stole - Also 2008.
12. Sooper Seekrit - Needs to be frogged and redone easier. Not enough yarn for the intended pattern. This is a one movie knit though. Definitely this year.
13. Sandy Cardigan - This will be my 2007 sweater. I'm on sleeve one again finally.
14. Celtic Tote - Back and front done, half of side/bottom combo done. But I ran out of wound yarn. Oh the tragedy. This will be a 2007 knit though too!
15. Juliet - Not sure about this one. Probably spring 2008 for wear in the proper season.
16. Splash Scarf
17. Maximize Socks - Nearly done, but I'm taking these off the official list because I have to have a pair in progress for my class.
18. Tomato - I would like to finish this, but the truth is that it's a spring sweater and too small right now. 2008.
19. Icarus - Have I mentioned that this is 85% done? I will not cast on for any more lace until I finish it.
20. Fuzzy Feet - I swear upon everything holy that I will felt these tomorrow. Yes, I have finishing issues.
Ok. Things I will finish in 2007 for sure:
The current Modern Quilt Wrap square
Splash Scarf (the oldest wip)
Things I am officially removing:
At the end of 2007 I will be down to 11 wips. Eleven. That's my pledge and goal. And I will have a veritable plethora of FOs to show you. Heck I might even handwind some yarn.
Ok, probably not the last bit. But the rest for serious.
P.S. Merry Christmas!