Sunday, March 25, 2007

Is feral the right word?

My husband has been gone less than six hours. The kitchen is um, littered with empty grocery bags. It's a quarter to seven and I have no idea what's for dinner. I have 70 plastic envelopes that need 20-30 worksheets counted out into them for tomorrow at 8am. And I have a 2 page paper on St. Martin & the Beggar due, along with a presentation for tomorrow. The envelopes and the papers should have been prepared days ago. The rest of it, I think, is the fact that without the man around, the boys and I are quite likely to just live like wild people.

And dagnabbit, I already have a chip in my manicure. That I got yesterday.

I had about 3-4 inches of Nancy Bush's fancy silk sock from Knitting Vintage Socks, but I had to rip it out. It would not go over my heel. Lorna's Laces doesn't really work on bigger needles, so I've modified the pattern. As soon as I have a few repeats in, I'll have a picture.

Not a picture of the kitchen of course, a picture of the sock progress.

1 comment:

Batty said...

Live the wild life! Flop, knit, worry about papers and dishes later.

Yes, I'm an enabler. How can you tell?