Sunday, September 11, 2005

I fear for my fleshy parts.

There has been an escape in our home. A thin piece of pointy bamboo is on the lam. With it, it took all hope of working on the lovely hydrangea socks until Tuesday. But it has also instilled fear in my heart. Even though it is skinny bamboo, if I sit my bottom on it just right, will it do bad things to me? The last time I saw it I was using it on the sofa. So for now I'm sticking to the couch.



I was a finisher tonight. I finished the marvelous clapotis and I redid the straps on my chickami so I can wear it in polite company.



There's a reason everybody loves clapotis so. It's just gorgeous. Mine is made from Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Watercolor. I used three full balls and maybe a few yards from the fourth ball. I worked the pattern exactly as written on size eight straight needles. I now have 95% of a fourth ball left. I might make the matching hat, but I'm not sure yet.

2 comments:

Mamma said...

Your socks are so cute. Threaten the other dpns with a lighter until they give up the location of their wiley friend.

Catherine said...

I also used the Lorna's Laces in Watercolor, but I used the Lion and Lamb and, now, I'm not sure if my daughter can go to college. LOL. Your clapotis is gorgeous! I am especially biased about the colorway. Just lovely.